I’m slowly chipping away at Anna Karenina and A Storm of Swords, but making minimal progress on the rest of my current reads list.
I did start and finish Hidden Figures, since I waited over 3 months for it to become available through my library. It completely blew me away, well rather the subjects of this biography did. I have always taken for granted the narative that white men got us to the moon. Boy was that an incorrect assumption.
Our lunar venture was built upon the hard work of hundreds if not thousands of women, a large portion of them African Americans. It was an awesome read because it opened up a part of history that just does not exist in any mainstream memory. My only critique of the book was that I never got a real sense of who these women were as people, only what they did.
My Current Reads:
Hidden Figures : Margot Lee Shetterly (ebook)
- The Buried Giant : Kazuo Ishiguro (audiobook)
- Shadow of the Wind : Carlos Ruiz Zafon (audiobook)
- Out of Africa & Shadows on the Grass : Isak Dinesen (audiobook)
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage : Haruki Murakami (hardcover)
- The World According to Garp : John Irving (audiobook)
- Anna Karenina : Leo Tolstoy (audiobook)
- The Stone of Farewell : Tad Williams (audiobook)
- A Storm of Swords : George R. R. Martin (audiobook)
- Five Quarters of the Orange : Joanne Harris (ebook)
What are you reading?
44/52 – 52 Book Challenge
2/12 – Back to the Classics
4/16 – Dystopia Reading Challenge
5/12 – Flights of Fantasy
2/5 – European Reading Challenge
63/1001 – 1001 Books to Read